November 29, 2023


PO Box 285
212 1st Ave E
McIntosh SD, 57641
Phone: (605) 273-4552
Fax: (605) 273- 4233

Office Hours
8:30am – 4:30pm

Motor Vehicle Forms

All of the forms necessary when titling a vehicle can be found at the following website:

Vehicle Registration Renewal

If you wish to renew your vehicle registration, you will need to bring your Drivers License and one of the following documents:

South Dakota Title/Photocopy of South Dakota Title

License Renewal Postcard

Vehicle Registration

Online renewal is now available by logging on to for more information.

Vehicle Titling

If you just purchased a vehicle, you have 30 days to transfer title. Late transfers will be subject to penalty of $1.00 per week up to 25 weeks, and $50.00 after that. In addition, you will be subject to interest & penalty on the tax, if tax is due. The documents needed will vary depending on the age of the vehicle and where you purchased it. Generally, you will need the title document, a purchase agreement or bill of sale and SD application for title. If the vehicle is less than 7 years old, a SD damage disclosure will be needed, and if less than less than 10 years old, the odometer reading must be disclosed on the title document. Please contact us if you are not sure what is required prior to coming in.

ATV’s are Sales Taxed (Click Here for More Information)

Complaints that are dealing with mechanical problems, AS IS, Warranty, and things of this nature, should be refereed to the Attorney General’s Office, Conusmer Protection at 605-773-4400.

For more information on licensing & titling vehicles, please visit the state’s website at

Drivers License

Corson County does issue driver`s licenses. Corson County is not a full service driver’s license exam station.  You are issued a temporary paper permit and the actual driver’s license comes in the mail.  Corson County does driver’s licenses every Thursday and Friday from 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM and again from 1:30PM to 4:00PM (MT).  For more information call 1-800-952-3696 or or visit the Dept of Public Safety`s website:

Real Estate Taxes

Real Property is Assessed each year by the Director of Equalization, verified by the Auditor who then applies the mill levy, and billed by the Treasurer who is responsible for collecting the taxes.  Real Estate Taxes in South Dakota are due twice a year, the first half on April 30th, and the second half on October 31st.  Payments made in person must be paid by the last business day of the month, so should the due date fall on a weekend, payment would have to be made the Friday preceding the due date.  Payments paid by mail must be postmarked by the US Postal Service no later than the due dates for each respective month.   Corson County generally mails it’s tax bills out by the end of January each year.  Individuals who have bought  property within the past year should be aware that the tax bill may still be sent to the previous owner due to the Assessment process.  Anyone who does not receive a tax bill can call or email the County Treasurer & request a duplicate tax bill be sent to them.  The property owner is responsible for the bill even if they have not received a copy of it.

Real Estate is always taxed a year behind it’s assessment.  For example, the 2010 taxes aren’t due until 2011, the 2011 until 2012, etc.   Registered Mobile Homes are taxed in the year of assessment, so the 2010 taxes would be due in 2010.  However, mobile homes manufactured after 1976 are taxed as real estate, so would follow the billing cycle for regular real estate.

County Treasurer
Heather Gall- 
[email protected]

Deputy Treasurer
Priscilla Werner